You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Bomere Heath C.E. Primary School
After School Club
Ofsted and SIAMS
PE and Sports Premium
Letters and Newsletters
Welcome to Bomere Heath C.E. Primary School!
We are a small, voluntary controlled primary school serving the village of Bomere Heath,
on the outskirts of Shrewsbury in rural Shropshire.
Our pupils are the heart of everything we do.
We strive for
for every individual in a
We demonstrate by example the power of
respect for others and teamwork
We play our part in the
The children of Bomere Heath CE Primary School are at the centre of everything we do:
“Children want to be respected, their views to be heard, to have stable relationships with professionals built on trust and for consistent support provided for their individual needs. This should guide the behaviour of professionals. Anyone working with children should see and speak to the child; listen to what they say; take their views seriously; and work with them collaboratively when deciding how to support their needs”. Working Together 2015
Our Safeguarding Lead Teachers are Mrs J Ball (Executive Headteacher and Mr S Field (Deputy Headteacher).
You can find out about our school by reading our newsletters (The Bugle). Please click the link below:
Calendar of Events
To find out about upcoming events, please click the link below:
To read our School Prospectus, please click here:
BH Prospectus 2017
We recently held an e-safety session for parents - here are some leaflets you may wish to read to support your knowledge, and your children, about staying safe online:
WMNet e-safety Leaflet
The children learn about e-safety regularly in school! On 7th February 2017, we celebrated Safer Internet Day:
Safer Internet Day
Other websites for parents and children about e-safety:
Think U Know
Please find below documents about the collaboration between Bomere Heath CE Primary School and St John the Baptist Primary School, Ruyton XI Towns.
Collaboration FAQ BH.pdf
The two schools are now collaborated. The two schools will be called Bomere and the XI Towns Federation as the overall federation name, with each school continuing to use its own individual name.
- Pupils in Years 1 and 5 will undertake Cricket Lessons for 8 weeks every Wednesday from 17th February 2018
- Years 2, 5 and 6 will be swimming each Tuesday for 10 weeks from 9th February 2018
- Nine of our pupils have qualified for the next round of the regional cross country competition for KS2
- We are proud to announce that following our inspection in July 2017 Bomere Heath CE Primary School remains a 'Good' school!
- In July 2017, we were inspected by SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) and we are delighted to have received a grading of 'Good'!
- please make sure pupils bring a PE Kit (white t-shirt, blue/black shorts and pumps/trainers) into school each day.
- Homework is given out each Friday and should be completed and returned by the following Thursday. If you have any questions about homework, please contact your child's teacher.
Our classes are as follows:
Mrs Foster and Mrs Sivri YR/1– Pimhill Class
Mrs Taylor Y1/2– Haughmond Class
Mrs Gregory Y3/4– Stiperstones Class
Mr Field Y5/6– Wrekin Class
Clubs this half term: Johnny Hughes Coaching Sports for KS1, Johnny Hughes Coaching Sports for KS2, Little Musketeers Fencing, Singing Club and Library!
Bomere Heath C.E. Primary School, The Crescent, Bomere Heath, Shrewsbury, SY4 3PQ